You can’t get impactful results without strong leaders
Unleash the true potential of your teams with proven, on-demand leadership coaching at a price to fit any budget.Contact Us
Inspire and develop leaders with Cohort Coaching
Accelerate the success of your leaders while maximizing their time.
KEEP YOUR BEST PEOPLE
Keep your best and brightest people committed and engaged through human-powered leadership development.
ACHIEVE IMPACTFUL RESULTS
Offer a cutting-edge shared learning experience that builds team alignment and cohesion, leading to greater results.
CREATE LEADERS AT ALL LEVELS
Develop leaders from the front lines to the C-Suite through authentic growth and leadership development opportunities.
Stop your talent from going elsewhere with an experienced partner you can depend on
Bring human-powered empathy, perspective, and highly relevant guidance to your leaders through Cohort Coaching.
Efficiency has squeezed humanity out of the workplace. As such, human-powered development is key to keeping your best people. With technology taking over all aspects of life, the rarer human connections and perspectives can accelerate results, ensure learning is right on time, and support leaders in sorting their often overwhelming “to-dos.”
A humanized approach to development allows your company to stand out from the crowd, reminding your team members that they’re a part of something bigger than themselves. With two decades of experience creating human-powered learning opportunities for thousands of real-world leaders, Lead Star is the partner you can trust to elevate your team’s talent.
All coaches are real-world leaders with unique leadership experiences, private sector success, and proven academic excellence. With a strong coaching bench, we can support cohorts of leaders from the front lines to the C-suite.
We have decades of experience coaching cohorts at the world’s leading companies, including Facebook, Google, Fed Ex, Walmart, ESPN, National Geographic, 3M, Hyatt, Boston Scientific, and many more.
Hear from our Clients
In a recent pilot with a 25-person cohort, Lead Star received a perfect Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 100. Every participant agreed or strongly agreed with the statement:
“How likely is it that you would recommend leadership coaching to a friend or colleague?”
- “I have to admit, it was my CEO who suggested it… The first thing that runs through my mind is, ‘What’s wrong with me?’ One of the first things they said to me was, you’re not here because there’s something wrong with you. You’re here because you have skills that can be developed, and these are not natural actions; they’re skills that you can work on. I just want to say “thank you” to Lead Star. I don’t think I would be where I am in my journey today without Lead Star.”
- Jeff Long
Apple Federal Credit Union Participant
- “Instead of just presenting ideas, my coach helped me recognize and understand areas I need to improve on… [I valued the] honest feedback from a professional who did not have any motive other than helping me grow.”
- “Working with Lead Star was a game-changing experience.”
- Kristina Simon
Alliance Cancer Care Participant
Our pricing can be customized to fit any budget. Here’s how it works:
* Coaching is priced based on program length with a per-person rate, including 3 months ($4,500 per person), 6 months ($5,900 per person), and 9 months ($7,500 per person).
** Workshops are priced at a daily rate of $10,800 and include all cohort members. You can add more team members at no additional cost to maximize development across the organization.
Less “work,” more results at a price that works for you
Individual, on-demand coaching to fit leaders’ schedules and your company’s budget.
Designed to make participants better, not busier, this structured learning journey transforms team engagement into real results. Offered in a 3, 6, or 9-month flexible format for intact teams, peer groups, or selected leaders at any level.Contact Us
Ready to Launch Your Coaching Cohort?Contact Us
Click Contact Us and send us a quick email.
- One of our partners will reply within a few days to learn more about your organization, team, and coaching needs.
- We’ll work together to outline a plan for Cohort Coaching within your organization and bring real-world leadership solutions to your teams.
Don’t lose great people
Develop exceptional teams with Cohort Coaching.
We know you’re the kind of leader who wants to support the growth of other leaders in your company. To develop talent, you need an experienced partner to help keep your teams engaged and motivated, all while delivering results.
The problem is there aren’t enough skilled and experienced leaders available. Those in leadership roles are often overwhelmed with action items, have limited support and mentorship, and can struggle to influence outcomes and inspire others, resulting in too much turnover and low morale. This makes you feel frustrated and burned out – you’re doing everything possible but still can’t find and keep the best people.
We understand that your teams don’t have time to waste – you need a structured, goal-driven experience that maximizes both participants’ time and results. That’s why we’ve created Cohort Coaching. Working as a team, Cohort Coaching allows you to attract and keep the best people, achieve greater results, and create leaders at all levels.
Here’s how it works:
- Click Contact Us to send a quick email.
- We’ll be in touch to learn more.
- We’ll work together to outline a plan for Cohort Coaching for 5 or more of your leaders.
So, contact us now, so you can stop losing great people and start delivering big results with the best and brightest leaders around.Contact Us
Hear from other leaders
Cohort Coaching keeps talent and delivers big results.
Kristina’s StoryA Coaching Success
Jeff's StoryRaising Leaders
Tara’s StoryLearning to Lead
Gary's StoryManaging through Adversity
Impact of Leadership Coaching
seeking a promotion earned one
would recommend Lead Star’s Coaching Program to a friend or colleague
reported greater balance and career satisfaction
Check out these resources to learn more about the power of Cohort Coaching.Contact Us
Relevant guidance for real-world challenges
Cohort Coaching participants can expect to explore these topics and more.
- Demonstrating leadership best practices
- Elevating team dynamics
- Improving collaboration
- Successful strategy implementation
- Pathways for developing and enhancing technical skills
- Building influence
- Conflict resolution
- Developing self-awareness to recognize strengths and gaps
- Communicating effective feedback
- Having difficult conversations
- Cultivating strong teams
- Career ownership and succession planning
- Delegating well
- Time and energy management
- Supporting team member career development
Our promise to youWith two decades of experience creating learning opportunities for thousands of real-world leaders, we stand by our services. We’ve been at this work for several decades, supporting leaders at every level across companies of every size and type.
With our Cohort Coaching programs, we promise:
- Our flexible coaching programs fit into your leaders’ lives. We offer 3, 6, and 9-month coaching options, and we’re ready to start whenever you are. Programs begin on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year, so you’ll always get the agreed-upon time commitment.
- Coaching is on-demand and accessible at the best times for the participant, making participation easy and valuable.
- We’ll work with you to select the best coaches for your team, selecting from a wide range of proven coaches.
- In the rare instance that fit is not achieved between the coach and coachee, the coach will tactfully share this with the program participant, refund their program fee, and recommend alternate coaches likely to fit best with the participant.
- We understand life can happen, and lots can change over the course of a program. As experienced coaches, we know what to do when these situations arise. We’ll work with every participant on a case-by-case basis to ensure that if challenges pop up along the way, they get resolved in a way that satisfies both the participant and you as our client partner.
Meet our coaches
Proven, real-world leaders to guide and develop your teams.
Lead Star coaches have a unique combination of leadership experience, private sector success, and proven academic excellence.
- What type of results does leadership coaching deliver?
- Return on investment is important to the success of any program. In the beginning stages of our coaching programs, we work with our clients to establish goals that are important for them to achieve. Throughout the program, we track progress to ensure that we’re driving toward the results that matter for each participant.
Typical program results include:
• Increased performance with role-related goals, metrics, and outcomes
• Improved team dynamics and output
• Stronger confidence
• Expanded problem-solving capability
• Better communication skills
• Effective conflict resolution
• More effective coaching and mentoring
• Enhanced peer relationships and collaboration ability
• Greater job and life satisfaction
• Higher quality, interdependent relationships
- Does coaching really work?
- Coaching is a highly effective way for professionals to improve their ability to lead and achieve results. If you are skeptical about the effectiveness of coaching, we encourage you to enroll a small cohort (5 staff) into a pilot program. We’ll use a Net Promoter Score to evaluate the effectiveness of the pilot and share the results with you.
- How is leadership coaching different than executive coaching?
- Unlike executive coaching, leadership coaching is accessible to anyone, at any level of an organization. Also, the focus of the program is centered on behavior-based leadership skills development - i.e., people skills.
This focus on the leadership skills necessary to lead self and others well can be different than other executive-level skills that might have more to do with business management.
- What’s the time commitment for a coaching program?
- Coaching clients need to be able to attend on average, 2 to 3, 45-minute coaching sessions per month. They’ll also have on-the-job, action-based learning assignments in between coaching sessions to support applying lessons learned.
Unlike “homework” from an academic program, these assignments are focused on demonstrating specific leadership behaviors to achieve greater results within current responsibilities. Coaching programs are designed to make professionals better … not busier.
- How can I tell if coaching is working?
- While the results of leadership coaching take time to be realized, individuals typically start to notice the effects of their coaching within the first few weeks of being engaged in a program. Clients who show up ready to learn, engage, and participate see results soonest.
- Is the start date flexible?
- Yes. You will select when to begin cohort coaching, with all participants starting at approximately the same time (scheduling dependent). Whether clients engage in the 3-, 6-, or 9-month program, we’ll be ready to start when they are. Cohort coaching programs begin on a rolling basis through the calendar year and can start when it’s most convenient for your cohort.
- How do key stakeholders participate in the Cohort Coaching program?
- When valuable to program design, Lead Star coaches will connect with the managers, team members, and peers of program participants as helpful to share feedback and set goals for the participant’s program. All coaching program conversations are fully confidential so key stakeholders and participants can freely share their thoughts and perspectives to ensure a safe space for growth and development. Coaches use insights from key stakeholders to design programs that help participants best meet stakeholder expectations and support improvement with gap areas.
- Lead Star coaches are successful, yet are they relatable?
- Lead Star coaches are real-world leaders. Because they consistently work with leaders at all levels - professionals from entry-level team members to C-Suite executives – they’re in touch with the challenges coaching program participants are facing.
They have a unique ability to connect their experiences, mistakes, and lessons learned to their clients in a humbling, yet inspiring, manner.
- How is this program different from other programs?
- Your team members will be partnered directly with Lead Star coaches. Lead Star’s coaching solutions are distinguished programming led by leaders who have real-world experience and follow proven, research-backed methodologies that have worked for thousands of leaders looking to advance. Our coaches are accomplished leaders in the private and/or public sectors and experienced consultants.
- Do you use assessments as part of Cohort Coaching?
- We’re certified to deliver a full spectrum of leadership style assessments. These tools, when used appropriately, are very valuable in a coaching program. Working with our clients, we’ll decide whether an assessment is rightly timed based on the goals clients seek to achieve with their development. Not all Cohort Coaching participants will receive an assessment.
- Who is coaching not a good fit for?
- We know this isn’t a program for everyone. We recommend that you do not select a team member for Cohort Coaching if they are unable to focus their attention on their career development and engage in 2-3, 45-minute coaching sessions per month. This also isn’t a fit for team members who are unable to demonstrate an openness to receiving constructive, developmental feedback.
- How do I know a Lead Star coach will be a good fit for my team members?
- Fit is the positive connection between coach and program participant. Our Lead Star coaches have extensive experience leading diverse teams and coaching clients in more than 50 different industries. This allows them to easily connect with most coaching clients.
In the rare instance that fit is not achieved, the coach will tactfully share this with the program participant, refund their program fee, and recommend alternate coaches that are likely to fit best with the participant.
- Will coaching program participants be judged or evaluated?
- Coaching program engagement is not scored, graded, or rated. All coaching conversations are confidential to ensure a high-trust relationship is formed between coach and participant and that a safe place for growth and development is established.
Lead Star coaches will share feedback on participation, level of engagement, and positive progress with a participant’s human resources team member or, in some cases, when clearly articulated to all involved, and with the participant’s permission, directly to a participant’s manager.
- What if my team members say they’re too busy for coaching?
- Unlike other leadership development programs, Cohort Coaching is not disruptive to a participant’s schedule. No travel is involved, and workshop day(s) are planned well in advance to allow for thoughtful planning. Every aspect of the program is designed to integrate into participants’ current schedules, routines, and responsibilities.
After just a few coaching sessions, the coach fully understands the client’s workload and fits right into each client’s working life. Ultimately, coaching saves time and accelerates success by providing helpful guidance in timely ways, often by preventing mistakes or supporting growth that leads to more efficient or effective work styles and habits.
- What could go wrong?
- We’ve encountered nearly every scenario that has the potential to derail someone’s coaching program.
Some of the challenges include:
• There isn’t a good “fit” between coach and coachee
• The participant gets reassigned to a new role and doesn’t have the capacity to receive coaching
• The participant has time for coaching conversations, but isn’t able to prioritize enacting coaching guidance
• Life events outside of coaching force the participant to be unavailable for their program. As experienced coaches, we know what to do when these situations arise.
We’ll work with every participant on a case-by-case basis to ensure that if challenges pop up along the way, they get resolved in a way that satisfies both the participant and our client partner.